Astro Boy The Joker Globe Inglourious Basterds t-shirt Terminator T2 in Town

September 15, 2009

Lovable Handmade ET Movie Plush Toy

This is my 1982 beloved ET movie soft toy from Universal City Studios measuring 35cm in height . Made by hand in Korea, it is very cute but not very huggable due to the shape. It is also top heavy and tends to topple over quite easily. I have visited flea markets and vintage toy shops around the island but have not seen another soft toy that looks like mine. If you have an identical soft toy or other ET movie items, I would like to know where you got hold of it. Appreciate if anyone can also give some indication of the rarity/collectible value of this item.

3 comments:

antonwpx said...

I have exactly the same one, but in a little better condition. I have no idea how much it's worth, but wouldn't sell it for anything! It's my most treasured item. I've had it since I was 5 and I'm now 34. I truly love him!

antonwpx said...

I see one was sold on e-bay for $30...

Derek said...

I'm the same - I had one since the age of 4 and it was like my best pal. I saw a girl with one on a bus today in London. It looked brand new. Mine is in poor condition. But I would also never part with it. When I saw the little girl carrying it, it felt like i saw an old friend. I 'm 31 but it was very emotional!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Directories