Astro Boy The Joker Globe Inglourious Basterds t-shirt Terminator T2 in Town

October 11, 2009

Spoilt for choice at the cinemas....some comments on new movie billboards















Astroboy coming on 05 Nov....OMG its not going to be released on it 23 Oct like the rest of the world! Why the delay? And what's that "From the people who brought you TMNT'?  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Come on now.... that doesn't sound like effective advertising to me... TMNT is not THAT GOOD!















Perhaps I should just wait for this other movie Planet 51. Yeah "From the Academy Award writer of Shrek" sounds infinitely better than the guys who brought us TMNT right? Cowabunga my FOOT!



And talking about delayed screenings, what happened to Coraline? The whole world already watched this animation movie SIX months ago! Crap I just checked that the DVD has been available since July! Speechless.....




















(500) Days of Summer...whats that tagline "This is not a love story. This is a story about love." Huh? Don't they mean exactly the same thing? Very confusing to me....
















XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL sized (500) Days of Summer promotional t-shirt.  Its my size! Will the cinema management give it to me if I ask nicely???



















After a string of duds, Jennifer Aniston definitely needs to have a box-office winner soon or she is not going to have a career in movies. Is this movie going to be the one? Well maybe "sometimes when you least expect it"......?




















Are my eyes playing tricks on me? These are obviously two guys, they don't look like lesbians to me...oh ok so its the vampires who are lesbians. What a misleading title. From the looks of it, this one is definitely a forgettable B movie...next please!




















Is there maybe a new trend in bad spelling for movie titles? Like "Basterds", I can't find the word "Pandorum" in my trusted Webster Dictionary. The studio honchos probably thought it sounded more hip. You decide.



















We've really got more than enough of Bruce Willis and the constipated look on his face as he goes through yet another Die Hard performance in Surrogates. What I really want to know...where are the eye candy hunks and babes shown on the movie poster? Don't see them anywhere in the movie. I feel cheated....



















Spread? Ok.... its Ashton Kutcher and Anne Heche in the  lead, but where's Anne? Anne doesn't look that bad to be missing from the billboards promoting her own movie! What happened? And lose those shades, Ashton, they're just not cool on you!



















Yeah I love the sweet design of this Taking Woodstock billboard, its definitely a collectible I want to own. Give it to me, baby!



















If you really cannot figure out what this movie is about, there must be something seriously wrong with you! Its screaming VENGEANCE for goodness sake! This is yet another gangster-style movie from Director Johnnie To, no doubt saddled with a forgettable plot but filled with gratuitous violence. I like that.


















No need to guess what this movie is all about, you see the bloodied spear? the horrified expressions of the girls and you instantly know this is a slasher movie, no mistake about it.  Think along the lines of "I know what you did last summer".

The above images of movie billboards  were all taken at a single location...the Shaw Cineplex in Orchard Rd. There were in fact about a dozen billboards not shown here but I did not have the time to take the photos. With the numerous movies screening at any one time here in Singapore, all these billboards are vying for your attention. Its difficult to choose a movie to watch, don't you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Directories