Astro Boy The Joker Globe Inglourious Basterds t-shirt Terminator T2 in Town

August 21, 2009

Straits Times report: Star Wars collectible postcards


Promotional postcards for Star Wars Ep II, Attack of the Clones. This is an article published in The Straits Times dated 3 April 2002. TCF organised the release of nine postcards with one new design introduced on a weekly basis to 'get people excited about the movie, and to introduce the good and bad guys to the public'. Supposedly 20,000 postcards of each character could be picked up at cinema lobbies nationwide. Being a Star Wars fan, these beautiful memorabilia could not be missed. I set out to collect the series of 9 postcards but the 1st featuring Anakin Skywlker proved elusive and could nowhere be found. Initially I couldn't understand why, but set off determined to get the remaining postcards . I reasoned the collectors who were fortunate to get the 1st postcard would set about collecting the remaining 8 cards with the same amount of fervour. I smelled a rat when that didn't prove to be the case at all! The remaining 8 postcards could be found in reasonably large quantities at the cinema lobbies for weeks after they were available for the taking. It didn't make sense for true-blue Star Wars fans to collect only the 1st postcard and forget the rest. I got my answer soon enough surfing for clues on Yahoo Auctions. I discovered there were ready sellers for the Anakin Skywalker cards at the Princely sum of $10!!! And these sellers apparently had loads of the 1st postcard to sell!!! I have never seen more selfish and unscrupulous people who turned this into $$$ making opportunity! Made me really fed up, anyway to date I don't have the 1st one and still feeling sore about it.
I will scan the postcards I own and post on the blog soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes i have never seen them all are worth even watching it

Saavi

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Directories